1. Set a fundraising goal and let others know how much you are planning to raise.
Start the donations off with a personal donation of your own. When you reach your goal – bump it up and keep going! Check your page often to keep motivated.
2. Be Loud and Proud! Facebook, Email & Twitter are just a few ways you can get the word out. Tell everyone you know about the event and ask them to support you.
3. Ask your friends, family and co workers to join the team or sponsor you.
Put a pledge form up at your desk or design your own donation box.
Go through your contacts and send out a group email to ask for a donation (remember to include a link to your personal fundraising page).
4. Be Informed: Get to know a few fast facts about the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. People are more likely to donate if you can tell them why you are fundraising and speak about the cause. Most people are not aware how many animals we take in every year (over 5,000) and would want to help if they did. Click here to learn more about OMHS.
5. Send reminders. Your friends, family and colleagues will want to support you but people are busy so they may forget. They won’t mind if you send a light hearted reminder and keep them updated on your training and plans. Sending photos is a great way to connect with others.
6. Double your Donations: Lots of companies offer a corporate matching donation program. Make sure you ask if your company is one of them.
7. Thank your supporters and let them know how well you did.
8. Have fun and know that every action and step you take WILL make a huge difference for homeless animals.