The homeless and abandoned animals need your help while they wait to be adopted. The care and aid we provide to these animals is supported by your generous gifts. A registered charity, we do not receive government funding or funding from any animal welfare organization. Your gifts are critical to the accomplishment of our mission.
There are many ways to help, you can: make a cash donation, volunteer, or donate items needed by the shelter. Charitable receipts will be provided for donations over $20.00
Ways You Can Help the Oakville & Milton Humane Society:
- Make a Donation: Your financial support enables us to investigate and prosecute animal abuse, cruelty and neglect; provide shelter, care and find loving ‘forever’ homes for our forgotten and surrendered animals; provide humane education and act as a resource to our communities in areas of animal care and welfare and offer outreach services such as bringing trained pet therapy animals to those in long term care facilities and much more.
- Make an In Memory Donation: Honour the memory of a beloved relative, family friend or treasured pet with a donation to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. You can send an e-card, or we can send a letter to the next of kin or pet owner, letting them know a donation has been made.
- Make a Donation In Honour of a Special Occasion or Event: Instead of that “token” gift, the next time you celebrate a birthday, anniversary or retirement of your favourite animal lover, make a donation in their “honour” to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. You can send an e-card, or we’ll send the honoree a letter, letting them know you share their love of animals and have made a donation.
- Join our “PAWS” Monthly Giving Program: By becoming a “PAWS” Monthly Donor (pre-authorized withdrawal system) you will join more than 500 other monthly donors we can rely upon to help us care for the over 5,000 animals that will come through our doors each year. The certainty of monthly donations assist us in planning and executing our animal care programs. Your donation from just $18 a month can make a huge difference in the lives of many animals. Monthly donations may be made through a pre-authorized transfer from your bank, or online through Visa/Mastercard. Your donation goes to work right away, changing and in some cases saving the lives of homeless, forgotten, abused and neglected animals. You will receive an annual charitable tax receipt for the donation.
Contact the shelter if you prefer to give via pre-authorized bank payments.
- Donate to the Charlie Fund: The Charlie Fund is named after a wonderful Border Collie who was found in a deplorable state and nursed back to health from a critical state of abuse and neglect. The fund was created for homeless animals requiring emergency medical care.
- Join our Tree of Hope: Have your name or that of a beloved relative or pet engraved on a leaf and placed on our Tree of Hope in their honour.
- Become a Volunteer: Join more than 150 other volunteers who help care for our animals and ensure the smooth operation of the shelter.
- Wedding Favours Program: Invite the animals of the OMHS to your wedding by making them your table favour or bonbonniere! For a donation of what you would have spent on favours, we will provide personalized table cards to let your guests know that animal welfare is important to you. Your guests will receive a cute paw-print cello bag filled with animal crackers. You will receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation.
- Host an Event: Hold an event to benefit the Oakville & Milton Humane Society and the animals will thank you. Your event can be a cocktail party for 300 or a simple neighbourhood lemonade stand. We’re happy to help answer your questions on how to make your event the best ever!
- United Way Giving: The Oakville & Milton Humane Society is not a United Way funded agency, however if the company you work for is part of the employee giving program, you may designate that your donation goes to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. You can still participate in your company’s United Way fundraising campaign and give to your ‘pet’ charity.
- Employer Matching Gift Programs: Many companies match donations made to charities like the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. Ask your Human Resources department if your company participates in a matching gift program. Every dollar raised goes so far to change the life of an animal in need.
Support the Homeward Bound Boutique – The Oakville & Milton Humane Society’s store: After you have adopted a pet, browse through our store and get all the supplies you need for taking your new pet home.
- Prices are Competitive
- All proceeds go towards the animals in our care
- We carry a variety of dog and cat supplies for your new pet
- We also carry popular name brand cat and dog food and treats