Thank you for your interest in raising funds for OMHS. Making a financial gift will give us the maximum flexibility to obtain exactly what food, medicine and other items we need, when we need them. Your fundraising efforts will ensure that all of the animals will continue to receive the top-notch care they deserve when faced with abandonment, neglect, injury or illness.
You are their champion!
If you’ve already got an event idea, great! If you need some inspiration, check out the suggestions below.
- Lemonade/Hot Chocolate stand – Sell your favourite cold or hot beverages to raise funds in your community
- BBQ – Enjoy some quality time and yummy food with friends, family or colleagues – ask for a donation to attend or collect donations at the event
- Dress to Impress/Casual Friday – Pay a fee to dress up or dress down – An easy way to raise funds in your workplace
- Garage sale – Spring cleaning or moving? Your treasures can raise funds!
- A-thon of some kind – read-a-thon, skip-a-thon, dance-a-thon, bike-a-thon, marathon – your dedication will raise needed funds for the animals while you are doing something you love
- Are you creative? Sell what you create – your talent translates to needed funds for the animals
- Bake sale – your prowess in the kitchen equates to resources for the animals
- Hold a Special Event – a golf tournament, dinner event, gala or musical event will provide even more funds in support of the animals
- Cupcake Sale (Cupcake months are January/February – but people love cupcakes anytime!)
- Birthday Party Donations – Collect cash gifts for the animals – Do this on your own or use EchoAge
- Getting married? Make a gift to OMHS in lieu of wedding favours (we can provide you with thank you cards to share with your guests)
- Put an OMHS donation box in your place of work
Simply complete the brief questionnaire that can be found here and tell us a bit about you and your event. We will get back to you within 2 business days.
Please email your completed questionnaire to email@example.com
For more information contact the Oakville & Milton Humane Society at 905-845-1551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraiser tax receipts: If the original donor is identified then tax receipts can be issued to them individually. The organizer of a fundraising event that delivers the donation cannot be tax receipted for the total value raised at the event that they organized.