Our 2020 Impact Report highlights our work in caring for and finding forever homes for abused, neglected and homeless companion animals and offering new services to the community.
2020 was a year of tremendous hardship for many of us, so you should take special pride in how your unwavering support for the animals continues to make a real difference every day!
For example, because of YOUR support in 2020:
- We were able to protect and make life better for more than 3,000 animals
- 1,260 animals were admitted and provided care
- 357 animals were fostered, a 39% increase from 2019
- Our Animal Protective Services officers responded to 2,201 wildlife rescue calls and conducted more than 2,000 park patrols for by-law enforcement
- We reunited 67% of all lost animals with their owners (among the highest rates in Canada)
- Total volunteer hours reached nearly 40,000
- We launched a new streamlined online adoption process
Similar to other businesses and charities last year, we invested financial resources into the technology required to move many of our services online to virtually serve our community. With limited community programs operating in the shelter during COVID-19, we also undertook minor updates to our 70+ year old building. Each of these important investments will provide a better environment for our animals, staff and volunteers in future.
Our heartfelt thanks for helping us give vulnerable animals the second chance for a better life they all deserve.