Become A Volunteer
Volunteering makes a Difference!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. We are supported by over 400 volunteers doing more than 30 different jobs. Volunteers enable us to provide the very best care for our animals and help us provide support to the people and animals in our community.
THRIFT STORE volunteer Application
Requirements for volunteering
- All volunteers must be 18 unless the job posting indicates otherwise. If you are under 18, please visit our Kids & Teens page for information on our youth volunteering programs.
- All volunteers must be able to work safely around the animals.
- All volunteers must be willing to make a minimum six month commitment, unless the posting is for a summer opportunity.
- All volunteering positions that involve the handling of animals will require you to volunteer on a once a week basis at the same day and time each week, working with the same animal group.
Process to become a volunteer
Please be aware that only applications for available volunteer positions will be reviewed and only those applicants who have the skill set identified will be contacted for an interview.
- Submit an application for a posted position. It is important that you fill in the application completely and provide details about your experience and your availability.
- Identify the volunteer position(s) that you are interested in.
- Provide information on your experience relating to the job you are interested in. This will determine whether you will receive an interview.
- Submit the application online, by email, by fax 905-845-1973, or in person.
- Obtain a police check for the current calendar year.
- If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted to complete volunteer training.
- Special Events
- Bingo (2 hours a month)
- Foster Parents (especially for adult animals)
- Evening Tour Guide (for groups of Sparks, Beavers, Cubs, etc.)
- Wildlife Drivers
- Occasional Office Support
- Animal Ambassador (volunteers must have their own dog to bring to events)
- P.A. Day Teaching Assistant
- Adoptions Administrator
- Thrift Store Volunteers