Become A Volunteer
Volunteering makes a Difference!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. We are supported by over 400 volunteers doing more than 30 different jobs. Volunteers enable us to provide the very best care for our animals and help us provide support to the people and animals in our community.
Due to the high number of applicants that we typically receive for each volunteer opportunity, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your generous offer of support.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the OMHS through volunteering.
We have received a high volume of applications and are working hard to process them. We are not currently accepting any new volunteer applications. Please check back in the new year for available positions. Thank you for your support.
For information on other volunteer opportunities for youth please visit our Kids & Teens page.
Requirements for volunteering
All volunteers must be:
- 18 years of age.
- Willing to make a minimum 6 month commitment, unless the posting is for a summer opportunity.
- Able and willing to complete a background check.
All volunteers interested in working with animals must be:
- Able to work safely around animals.
- Able to volunteer on a once a week basis at the same day and time each week, working with the same animal group.
If you are under 18, please visit our Kids & Teens page for information on our youth volunteering programs.
Process to become a volunteer
- Identify which posted volunteer position(s) you are interested in.
- Complete the appropriate application for the desired role(s).
- It is important that you fill in the application completely and provide details about your experience and availability. This will determine whether you will receive an interview.
- Submit the application online, by email, by fax 905-845-1973, or in person.
Please be aware that only applications for available volunteer positions will be reviewed and only those applicants who have the skill set identified will be contacted for an interview.