Donate a Car

Donate your car to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society and you will:

  • Quickly and easily recycle or dispose of your used or junk car
  • Increase your tax deductible giving by receiving a tax receipt for the net proceeds
  • Have your used or junk car picked up for free
  • Be environmentally friendly by recycling your used or junk car
  • Help an animal in need

Click here to find out more.

Donate a Car - Donate a Car

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What can I donate?

We accept most vehicles including but not limited to cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, trailers, RVs and boats. There are a few conditions that must be met in order for your vehicle to qualify.

  • Donation must be made by the registered owner, or their legal representative.
  • Vehicle must be registered in Canada.
  • Vehicle must be in ‘complete’ state with no major parts missing.
  • We do accept vehicles with body damage.
  • Special conditions will apply to boats, trailers, and RVs
  • We cannot accept vehicles with insurance claims against them.
  • We cannot accept vehicles with liens or encumbrances on them.
  • In most cases RVs are required to be dropped off, however they will be handled on an individual basis.
How do I donate my vehicle?

To donate your vehicle, follow the steps below:

  • Click on the ‘Donate Now’ button above. Here you will be asked to answer a few simple questions to qualify your vehicle.
  • Fill out the donation form with your vehicle information, contact information, and select the charity you wish to donate to.
  • Review the details you have entered, agree to the terms and conditions, and submit your vehicle for donation.
  • Further instructions will be provided for either drop off or towing.
  • Check your email for our confirmation email. If you do not see the confirmation message immediately, please check your junk mail folder.
How much will my tax receipt be?

There are many factors that go into determining this amount. For more details, please contact us at

My car hasn't run in years. Can I still donate it?

Yes, we can accept non-running vehicles

What if my vehicle is not registered?

Legal proof of ownership is required. Current or expired registration, a Bill of Sale, or a ‘proof of last vehicle registration’ letter from your local registry is acceptable.

What if I do not have insurance?

If your vehicle is being recycled, you no longer require insurance on the vehicle once it has been picked up by the towing agent. If your vehicle is going to auction, we suggest that you keep insurance on your vehicle until the vehicle has sold. You will be notified by email when your vehicle has been sold.

Do I have to pay for my vehicle to be towed?

You do not have to pay for your vehicle to be towed. If the vehicle is recycled, the towing cost is included. If your vehicle is sent to the auction, the towing cost is deducted from the sale price of your vehicle.

Is my donation tax deductible?

Yes, you will receive a tax receipt from OMHS.

When will I receive my tax receipt?

After the sale of your vehicle and our accounting process is complete, we will send you an email confirming your donation has been sent to the charity. You should then receive your tax receipt within 4-6 weeks of the charity receiving your donation.