The Adoption Process
Thank you for your interest in adopting a pet from the Oakville & Milton Humane Society! Our goal is to find a great match for you and your family, and to find the best match for the animals in our care.
In order to adopt a pet, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household;
- Have valid identification, with current address (Driver’s Licence is preferred.)
- Meet the animal outside of the cage/kennel (make sure you visit during our viewing hours)
- Provide a completed Adoption Survey
Please choose the relevant Adoption Survey:
Once you have met with the animal interested applicants will need to print & fill out an Adoption Survey. You may email a completed survey to email@example.com, fax it to 905-845-1973, or drop it off at the shelter during our office hours.
We also have Special Adoption Programs for cats with unique needs. Click here to learn more!