Re-homing Your Pet
If you are experiencing an emergency or crisis, contact the Oakville & Milton Humane Society immediately at email@example.com or call 905-845-1551
Giving Up Your Pet to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society
We arrange for animals to be surrendered by appointment only for the residents of Oakville or Milton.
- Fill out the intake form below to start the process of giving up your pet
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-845-1551 ext 156 to speak to one of our Intake Coordinators about giving up your pet
- Animals adopted from OMHS are required and encouraged to be returned to us should you no longer be able to care for them
- There is a surrender fee, based on a variety of factors, which will be discussed with you
- Owners should provide proof of ownership for the animal if possible (e.g. adoption papers, veterinary records) and proof that you live in Oakville or Milton (photo ID if possible).
- Owners will be required to sign documentation transferring ownership of the animal to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. Owners will be required to fill out an Animal History Form at the time of their appointment.
- Bring all records (medical history, rabies and/or sterilization certificate, etc.) to scheduled appointment.
- Once ownership is signed over, the final outcome decision (adoption, transfer to rescue group or euthanasia) will be made by the Oakville & Milton Humane Society and you will not be advised of the outcome.
Please keep in mind that all animals brought to the Oakville & Milton Humane Society must be either on a leash or in a carrier.
Tips on re-homing your pet
The Oakville & Milton Humane Society is here to help you explore all options so that you can keep your pet, but we recognize that sometimes giving up your pet is the best option for you and your pet. Here is an information Pet Resource Guide that can help you re-home your pet privately.