The Oakville & Milton Humane Society currently provides limited access to the shelter’s reception area to members of the public who wish to renew their dog licence, report a lost or found pet, report injured wildlife, or make a donation. Please note, all animal viewing continues to be on-line only at: www.omhs.ca/adoptions. Our office hours are Sunday 11am-4pm, Monday to Friday 10am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm.
Visitors to the shelter are limited to two individuals, or a maximum of five in a family at one time. It is strongly recommended that you visit www.omhs.ca to access our programs and services to avoid wait times as we continue to ensure safe social distancing at the shelter. Visitors who have made an appointment to attend the shelter will be given preference to enter. Please refer to the full list of services at the bottom of the page.
The health and wellbeing of the public, staff, and volunteers continues to be our highest priority and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period.
When visiting the shelter:
- Approach the front door entrance and please press the intercom button and a member of our team will advise you can be buzzed in, or will have to temporarily remain outside.
- While outside please continue to wear your mask and to practice social distancing
- If you are visiting the shelter to make a monetary donation, or submit a dog licence application, an appointment is not required and can be left in our dropbox to the left of our front entrance
A reminder to all visitors to NOT visit the shelter if you have:
- traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days
- are experiencing shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, or fever
- been in close contact with a person showing symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have been advised by a health professional to self quarantine.
Stopping the spread of COVID-19 is a community effort and our individual actions do make a difference. We thank you for your continued understanding and please stay safe.
Oakville & Milton Humane Society