The Oakville & Milton Humane Society is supported by 300 volunteers doing 30 different jobs. Volunteers enable us to provide the very best of care for our animals and help us provide support to the people and animals in our community.
New Volunteer Application
New Volunteer Application (Thrift Store)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Oakville & Milton Humane Society. The work and dedication of our volunteers is greatly appreciated. Volunteers enable us to be able to provide the very best care to the animals we shelter. Our 300 volunteers are invaluable to our organization.
Please be aware that only applications for available volunteer positions will be reviewed and only those applicants who have the skill set identified will be contacted for an interview. It is important that you fill in the application completely and provide details about your experience. We have a maximum number of volunteers for each job and those involving the animals are the most sought after and the smallest in number.
If you have any questions regards the jobs or process, please contact the volunteer manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 905-845-1551 extension 305.
- All volunteers must be 18 unless the job posting indicates otherwise.
- All volunteers must be able to work safely around the animals.
- All volunteers must be willing to make a minimum 6 month commitment, unless the posting is for a summer opportunity.
- All volunteering positions that involve the handling of animals will require you are able to volunteer on a once a week basis at the same day and time, working with the same animal group.
- Submit an application for a posted position.
- Identify the volunteer position that you are interested in.
- Provide information on your experience relating to the job you are interested in. This will determine whether you will receive a phone interview.
- Return the application by email, fax 905-845-1973 or in person.
- Review and sign the volunteer agreements.
- Complete volunteer training.
- Provide a vulnerable person’s police check in some areas of volunteering.
- Provide a driving abstract in some areas of volunteering.
|Volunteer Job||Availability||Spots Available||Days||Times|
|Animal Care – Dog||6||MWTFSS||9am-11am|
|Animal Care – Cat||2||Fri, Sun||9am-11am|
|Small Animal Socializer|
|Cat Matchmaker||Cat Experience||1||Sunday||2pm-5pm|
|Dog Handler||Training Experience||3||Afternoons|
|Photographer – Animal|
|Photographer – Event||2||Weekends||Most are Saturday events|
|Co-Op Placement||Opening for mornings in January 2018|
|Donation Box Collector||4||Store Hours||Pick ups once a month|
|Special Events Help||25||Weekends||When needed for events|
|Tour Guide||Public Speaking||1||Evenings|
|School Presenter||Public Speaking||Weekdays||School Hours|
|Kindness Club Assistant||Experience With Kids||Wed, Thurs evenings|
|PA Day Assistant||Experience With Kids||Mon, Fri||During PA days|
|Animal Ambassador||6||Weekends||When need for events|
|Pet Therapy Visitor|
|Kijiji Posting Helper||2||Flexible||Afternoons|
|Wildlife Receipt Helper||Data Entry||2||Flexible||Flexible|
|Wildlife Driver||Unlimited||Days when we have wildlife|
|Vet Run/Animal Transport Driver||5||Weekdays||8am mornings|
|Thrift Store Helper||6||TWTFS||Variable|
|Dog Training Class Assistant|
|Mascots||2||Weekends||When needed for events|
|LIT – Youth 14-17 – working with kids||Working with kids||Registration opens after March Break|
|YAP – Youth 13-16 – working with pets||Working with pets||Filled for 2018|